Livermore, CAApply Here
SUMMARY: The Label Coordinator is responsible for receiving, reviewing, and releasing all approved labels, Gusset bags, film, display boxes/cartons and other printed material components.
“Labels” may now apply to labels, gusset bags, film, display boxes/carton and other printed materials.
The Label Coordinator is responsible for ensuring accuracy, integrity, and quality of labels and following proper procedures to stage and issue labels to production, maintain accurate inventory and report discrepancies as needed. This position requires keen attention to detail.
The essential function of this position includes, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of this position.
- Receive and verify incoming shipments of labels used during the labeling and packaging processes.
- Review labels for accuracy by comparing shipments received to a Master Label Control.
- Approve and release conforming labels for production.
- Place non-conforming labels on hold and communicate issues to Quality, Customer Service and Production.
- Maintain an organized filing system for all labels, bags, film, display boxes or other printed material components along with proper documentation.
- Issue correct labels by confirming item codes and revision numbers listed on production paperwork. Maintain records of quantities issued and returned to inventory.
- Counts, checks, and adds to inventory the returned labels from production.
- Updates and maintains accurate inventory and communicates to Customer Service and Production Departments.
- Participate in daily production meetings.
- Review monthly production schedules to confirm counts and ensure enough labels are available for upcoming jobs.
- Communicate shortages to Purchasing, Customer Service and Production Departments.
- Conduct cycle counts on a routine basis to confirm quantities within the system.
- Organize and maintain label areas in a neat an orderly fashion including cleaning when needed.
- Inform Quality, Customer Service and Purchasing departments when defective labels are noted and send samples to supplier if needed.
- Develop reports for management on supplier, manufacturer, or customer discrepancies related to manufacturing specifications. Recommend methods for maintaining acceptable discrepancy levels.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Position requires interfacing with several departments
- Position requires flexibility, careful attention to details, highly organized, and ability to multi-task
- Position requires pro-active and excellent follow-up skills.
- Consistently good attendance and punctuality
- Respond well to direction as part of a team
- Be self-driven and open to learning as much as possible
- Work well with others and contribute to a positive environment
- Maintain a positive and productive work pace to prevent production down time
- Good problem-solving skills
- Fork-lift certification required
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- The individual (s) is responsible for complying with all rules and regulations in the Employee Handbook and the Safety Manual (IIPP).
- The individual (s) is responsible for completing all of the above duties as required within the required time frame.
- The individual (s) must follow all SOPs, GMPs, Safety Rules and other State and Federal Health Guidelines as required by Protein Research.
- The individual (s) must comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- It is the responsibility of the individuals to communicate with his or her supervisor when and as necessary to complete their jobs as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2-year college degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices & Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience with Batch Master or other inventory management software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint); ability to make pivot tables and graphs
- 3 years’ experience in the GMP manufacturing industry
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Calculate figures and amounts
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to operate a forklift, hand truck and pallet jacks
- Walk, kneel, bend, stand and climb stairs
- Reach, lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Total amount of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cool/hot and noise level can be moderate to high.
- This position is required to wear common protective and/or safety gear, i.e., gloves, face mask, hairnet, uniform, etc.
- This position is exposed to small particles, odors, and allergens.