Livermore, CAApply Here
Want to be part of a great team? Apply now!
As a Blender Associate you will be mixing raw materials, running and cleaning blenders so that our equipment is running properly and our product meets quality standards.
***Must have previous experience working with food, and in a manufacturing or production environment and be comfortable with lifting heavy materials and exposure to noise and powders/allergens.*****
Protein Research is a growing contract manufacturing company for the nutritional industry nationwide; we work exclusively with our clients to make powder drinks, pre-mix, dietary capsules and more. This is a full-time position with hours from 7:00 am-3:30 pm; occasional overtime may be needed till 5:30 pm or on Saturdays.
• Read work orders/formulas and Master Manufacturing Records to determine production specifications and information.
• Performs set-up, sanitation, operation and routine maintenance of blenders.
• Examine materials, ingredients, or product visually or with hands, in order to ensure conformance to established quality standards.
• Add or mix raw materials for processing, using necessary blenders and steps according to product specifications and Master Manufacturing Records.
• Discharge blenders of powder when necessary.
• Record operational and production data on specified forms/production documents.
• Transfer materials, supplies, and products between work areas, using moving equipment and hand tools.
• Clean product containers to prepare for blended product storing. Unload mixtures into containers for further processing.
• Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, and products to ensure conformance to requirements.
• Make minor adjustments or repairs to machinery and equipment, such as opening valves or setting guides
• Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of blended products to meet standards.
• Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear equipment jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
• Conducts on-going assessment of quality control and operational procedures.
• Clean and sanitize equipment after and between runs, ensures blender(s) are sanitary at all times and reports any issues of sanitation to supervisor.
• Completes cleaning logs and notifies QC Tech to swab machine for hygien testing per the Blender Cleaning SOP.
• Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify problems or defects.
• Meet and/or exceed production goals and guidelines for the product being run.
• High school diploma
• 1-2 years related experience
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, mechanical aptitude
• Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions and complete paperwork
• Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work with changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to understand and follow any and all safety requirements and cautions
• Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in workplace
• Bilingual skills and Forklift certified is a plus.
We are a family owned company and it shows in the way we care about our employees. We offer a modern work open door environment and because of our nimble size, our team environment is collaborative and friendly. We’re located in close proximity to the freeway, in sunny Livermore.
Our employees have generous benefits that include 100% paid health care for employee only, and a large amount subsidized for dependents. We also offer vacation and paid sick days, annual bonuses based on company discretion, and a 401(k) match.
Check us out at www.proteinresearch.com. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Here