Capsulation Machine Operator
Livermore, CAApply Here
SUMMARY: Set up and operate machines to manufacture capsules.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Performs set-up, sanitation, operation, and routine maintenance of capsulation machines.
- Clean machines, related equipment, and work areas, using water, solvents and other cleaning aids after each batch and at the end of the day.
- Cleans equipment after and between runs, ensures capsulation machine and area are sanitary at all times and reports any issues of sanitation to supervisor. Contacts QC Technician to perform Hygiena swab test on machinery after cleaned. Complete all cleaning logs as necessary.
- Review of line and adjacent areas to be sure of cleanliness and that nothing is obstructing the product and/or machinery.
- tilize “Clean” and “Dirty” tags on machinery as necessary.
- Read work orders and Master Manufacturing Record to determine production specifications and information.
- Pour, scoop, or dump specified mixtures into sections of machine prior to starting machines.
- Adjust machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, and temperatures, as well as amounts, dimensions, and flow of materials or ingredients to meet product specifications.
- Adjust machinery to match capsule sizes specified on production documents.
- Perform test runs to ensure that equipment is set up properly.
- Examine, measure, weigh, or test sample capsules to ensure conformance to specifications throughout the entire product run.
- Clean, oil, and make minor adjustments or repairs to machinery and equipment when necessary.
- Count and record finished and rejected items.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of capsules.
- Sort, grade, weigh, and inspect capsules, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications.
- Inspect and remove defective capsules.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
- Record and maintain production data such as meter readings and quantities, types, dimensions and number of capsules produced.
- Clean storage containers/racks to prepare for finished capsule storage.
- Transfer completed capsules from machines to drying or storage areas, using handcarts, storage containers, etc.
- Ensures completed capsules in pans/storage containers are covered at all times.
- Conducts on-going assessment of quality control and operational procedures.
- Meet and/or exceed production goals and guidelines for the product being run.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- The individual is responsible for complying with all rules and regulations in the Employee Handbook and the Safety Manual.
- The individual is responsible for completing all of the above duties as required within the required time frame.
- The individual must follow all SOPs, GMPs, Safety Rules and other State and Federal Health Guidelines as required by Protein Research.
- The individual must comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- It is the responsibility of the individuals to communicate with his or her supervisor when and as necessary to complete their jobs as required.
- High school diploma, one to two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving,and analytical skills
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to understand and follow any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Forklift certified a plus
We offer a modern open door work environment and because of our nimble size, our team is collaborative and friendly. We’re located in close proximity to the freeway, in sunny Livermore, California.
Our employees have generous benefits that include 100% paid health care for employee only, and a large amount subsidized for dependents. We also offer vacation, paid sick days, and a 401(k) match.Apply Here