Customer Service/Sales Support
Livermore, CAApply Here
Protein Research is a contract manufacturer of nutraceuticals, functional foods, and dietary supplement products. We exist to make functional foods and supplement products that help people live their best life. We are a family-owned business and since 1983 we have been producing the highest quality, private label products for millions of happy consumers around the world. We are committed to embracing innovation, forward thinking and have a plan to grow the company significantly in the coming years.
We are looking for a full time Customer Service & Sales Support who will provide customers and prospective clients with courteous customer service that ensures client satisfaction in person, via email, or over the phone. This person will (i) process purchase orders, (ii) provide production updates, and (iii) maintain, initiate, communicate, and be the liaison to operations and our customers. This person will provide sales support in quoting and assisting in the new product development process, analyze how to retain present customers and develop new business by extending professional and efficient service, developing strong connections, and vetting new leads.
Since we are a contract manufacturer, our production environment is very dynamic, production runs multiple different products with many different change overs at times. Every day is a new quest to produce the highest quality products for a broad array of customers and markets. If you are a critical thinker who loves new challenges and see them as an opportunity to personally learn, improve and grow you may be the right person to fill this important role in our company.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Communicates clearly and listens to customer needs to be able to translate customers’ needs to our internal PR team.
- Supports existing accounts by being detailed oriented and processing orders, updating them through our process and assisting in shipping the product out the door.
- Responds to customer requests in a 24-hour period.
- Provides monthly inventories to customers when required.
- Participates in operations calls to understand the customer’s production needs and follow-up on outstanding POs.
- Solves customer problems and thinks outside the box to provide solutions.
- Handles customer accounts and corresponds with customers on new product development, reformulation, and/or any change to the product or product’s pricing.
- Responds to customer questions and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides potential customers with new relationship information such as: Non-Disclosure Agreements to protect the customer and our company information; credit applications to ensure that the customer is financially stable; and other new development documentation.
- Follows up on inside sales leads and discovers new sales opportunities while keeping product development updated.
- Communicates customer or new potential customers needs/requests to VP of Sales as they come through.
- Collaborate with Quality, Supply Chain, and VP of Sales on initiating Supply and Quality Agreements with new Customers and updating agreements for existing Customers.
- Works with Quality to attain testing pricing or stability quotes for all new products.
- Works closely with Accounting to ensure all invoices are correct and additional fees are billed when necessary.
- Works with operations on production scheduling and customer requirements.
- Reviews customers forecast and works with Supply Chain to ensure that the customer is being taken care of by having on hand materials where necessary.
- Keeps Manager and internal team aware of customer needs, issues, concerns and/or growth opportunities or possible decline of sales.
- Keeps customer account information updated in systems.
- Performs documentation and tracking to ensure procedures are followed and paperwork is submitted accurately and on time.
- Attends and participates in team strategic sales meetings, tradeshows, and/or offsite meetings in a professional, favorable, and respectful manner.
- Alerts customer of finished product price increases when necessary.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Four to five years related experience or equivalent in customer service or sales
- Excellent customer service skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient on Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Salesforce and ERP Software
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to apply knowledge of company’s products and services to create quotes and contracts and recommend business options for clients
- Commitment to excellence and high standards and confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities
- Flexibility to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgement to make calculated business decisions in the best interest of the company in keeping with best practices and ethical guidelines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to perform documentation functions and basic accounting procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels such as senior management
- Ability to follow up on business leads and take appropriate steps to escalate or close a sale
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to travel 5-30% as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- May have to walk to and from warehouse multiple times during the day.
- Sit on an office chair for long periods of time.
- Reach, twist, kneel, squat body to file and reach office equipment on your desk and to filing cabinets.
- Use hands and fingers to control equipment for forms of communication. (i.e., phone, email, fax, etc.) by grasping, reaching, and using finger dexterity.
Majority of work is done in an office environment. Occasionally, work will require going to the warehouse where temperatures are cool/hot and noise levels can be moderate to high. Position may be exposed to small particles, odors, and allergens.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Pay Range: $20.00 to $27.00 per hour base, depending on work experience
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Benefits: 100% coverage for employee’s medical premiums (75% for spouse and 50% for child/ren)
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation, sick leave)
All new employees are subject to a probationary period of 90 days.
If you would like to join our team, please email your resume to the “APPLY HERE” link below.Apply Here