Livermore, CAApply Here
We have an opening for a motivated well rounded HR Generalist. If you have relevant experience, are proactive, and a multi-tasker who’s skilled at working with employees at all levels and is approachable then we want to hear from you!
This role is responsible for employee relations, training and development, hiring, performance management, compliance, payroll processing and reporting. This position reports to the SVP. You’ll be joining a wonderful group of people and will help foster our positive work culture and exemplify our values of people, partnerships, quality and innovation and continuous improvement.
WHAT WE DO: Protein Research is a growing contract manufacturing company for the nutritional industry nationwide; we work exclusively with our clients to make powder drinks, energy bars, dietary capsules and more. We are a family owned company and it shows in the way we care about our employees.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Administers and assists with HR plans and procedures and file management
• Coordinates benefits, enrollments, and administers LOA, ADA, COBRA, UI
• Administers payroll processing using ADP Workforce Now and works with Accounting
• Creates employee reporting for management needs (org chart, tenure, ect)
• Tracks workers compensation and administers OSHA reporting.
• Participates with management in developing employee/department goals, objectives
• Ensures compliance with compensation programs and monitors performance reviews
• Manages recruiting and onboarding process and works closely with Managers
• Provides guidance to managers on employee relations and performance management
• Demonstrates high level of professionalism with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Maintains and develops third party staffing relationships and assists with scheduling and managing temporary workforce
• Assists with employee goodwill initiatives and plans company events and employee recognition programs.
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Bachelors degree in related field, PHR-CP or SHRM preferred
• Four to Six years related experience
• Solid knowledge of HR laws and regulations
• Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA and State and Federal regulations
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Previous experience processing payroll with ADP or similar vendor
• Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlookand Power Point
• Flexibility and willingness to work with changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Must be able to communicate (verbal/written) with strong interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
• Acute attention to detail.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
• Bi-lingual Spanish speaking a plus
BENEFITS/PERKS: We’re located in close proximity to the freeway, in sunny Livermore. Our office is modern and spacious and we have free parking. Our employees have generous benefits that include 100% employee paid health care with Kaiser and 75% – 50% subsidized for dependents. We also offer vacation and paid sick days, annual bonuses based on company discretion, and a 401(k) match and employee events such as volunteering and fun gatherings. Check us out at www.proteinresearch.com. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Here