Livermore, CAApply Here
We have two positions open for a Machine Operator to work for an awesome team where we manufacture nutritional products!
Keys to success: you enjoy solving mechanical problems and trouble-shooting and figuring machines out. You’re also reliable and used to working in manufacturing and/or food environments and you’re a team player with a positive attitude.
Protein Research is a growing contract manufacturing company for the nutritional industry nationwide; we work exclusively with our clients to make powder drinks, energy bars, dietary capsules and more. This is a full-time position with hours from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm with overtime as needed till 5:30 pm and 1-2 Saturdays per month.
– Setup and changeover of packaging line equipment.
– Analytic skills to evaluate material defects versus equipment malfunctions trouble shooting
– This includes cleaning of line in between products and after each product run.
– Review packaging specifications and set up the machinery to match the specs.
– Review of line and adjacent areas to be sure of cleanliness and that nothing is obstructing the product and/or machinery.
– Review packaging components, label/film, powder and advise supervisor of any quality issues that may occur.
– Comprehend the function and trouble shooting of each piece of equipment including its capabilities and limitations.
– Complete paperwork at the end of each product run and the end of each day.
– Meet and/or exceed production goals and guidelines for the product being run.
– Understand and use machinery manuals to their full capacity when needed.
– Other duties may be included as needed.
– Must have mechanical and mathematical aptitude
– Knowledge of lot numbering system
– Ability to multi-task between assignments and prioritize workload
– Ability to operate a hand truck and pallet jack
– Capable to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
– Must be detail oriented and maintain a clean/organized production area at all times
– Must be a team player and self motivated
– Must be able to work on your feet for 8 hours a day including bending, reaching, climbing,
– Must have strong communication skills and be able to work well with other departments
– Knowledge of basic computer skills
– Minimum education: High School diploma
Preferred but not required:
– Experience in the nutritional or food manufacturing industry preferred
– Prior machine operation experience required.
– Experience running high-speed packeting machine/bartelt and/or Powder Fill line preferred.
– Nutritional Supplement/Food processing experience and GMP knowledge is preferred.
We are a family owned company and it shows in the way we care about our employees. We offer a modern work open door environment and because of our nimble size, our team environment is collaborative and friendly. We’re located in close proximity to the freeway, in sunny Livermore. Our employees have generous benefits that include 100% paid health care for employee only, and a large amount subsidized for dependents. We also offer vacation and paid sick days, annual bonuses based on company discretion, and a 401(k) match.
Apply at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!