Machine Operators for Production
Livermore, CAApply Here
Protein Research is searching for Machine Operators for its Production team. Do you have an above average mechanical aptitude but have minimal experience in machine operation? No problem! We provide training for aspiring candidates!
SUMMARY: Sets up, runs and cleans blending, capsulation, tableting, packaging, preweigh and powder fill machines ensuring that equipment is running properly and product meets quality standards.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Read work orders/formulas and Master Manufacturing Records to determine production specifications and information.
- Performs set-up, sanitation, operation and routine maintenance of the production machine assigned to.
- Examine materials, ingredients, or product visually or with hands, in order to ensure conformance to established quality standards.
- Add or mix raw materials for processing, using necessary blenders and steps according to product specifications and Master Manufacturing Records.
- Discharge blenders of powder when necessary.
- Record operational and production data on specified forms/production documents.
- Transfer materials, supplies, and products between work areas, using moving equipment and hand tools.
- Clean product containers to prepare for product storing. Unload mixtures into containers for further processing.
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, and products to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Make minor adjustments or repairs to machinery and equipment, such as opening valves or setting guides when necessary.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of blended products to meet standards.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear equipment jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
- Conducts on-going assessment of quality control and operational procedures.
- Clean and sanitize equipment after and between runs, ensures blender(s) are sanitary at all times and reports any issues of sanitation to supervisor.
- Completes all cleaning logs and notifies QC Tech to swab machine for hygiena testing per the Blender Cleaning SOP.
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify problems or defects.
- Meet and/or exceed production goals and guidelines for the product being run.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- The individual (s) is responsible for complying with all rules and regulations in the Employee Handbook and the Safety Manual (IIPP).
- The individual (s) is responsible for completing all of the above duties as required within the required time frame.
- The individual (s) must comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- It is the responsibility of the individuals to communicate with his or her supervisor when and as necessary to complete their jobs as required.
- High school diploma, one to two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods preferred.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, mechanical aptitude preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions and complete paperwork as needed
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to understand and follow any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Forklift certified a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Ability to operate a hand truck, forklift and pallet jackWalk, kneel, squat, bend, stand and climb stairs.
- Reach, Twist, Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Grab, grasp and use fingers and hands to push buttons and operate machinery
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Total amount of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cool/hot and noise level can be moderate to high.
- This position is required to wear common protective and/or safety gear, i.e. gloves, face mask, hairnet, uniform, etc.
- This position is exposed to small particles, odors and allergens.