Machine Operator (Entry Level)
Livermore, CAApply Here
Location: Livermore, CA
Job Type: Regular
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $17.00 to $20.00 per hour
Entry level position but should have basic knowledge of equipment. Able to setup and operate main equipment in a production line. Will be required to fill up forms and perform reconciliations.
- Assembles and disassembles machine
- Sets-up and operates main filling machine
- Makes minor adjustments and fine-tuning
- Sets-up secondary equipment (printers/checkweighers/x-rays/metal detectors)
- Understands handling and storage of heavy and delicate machine parts
- Understands and follows production and sanitation processes
- Fills-up forms, weights and line checks legibly
- Converts between grams, kgs and lbs
- Converts weight to packaging unit (e.g. from kgs to packets or kgs to capsules)
- Calculates percentage yield/loss
- Pays attention to detail
- Pays attention to safety
- Creates maintenance request
- High school diploma, one to two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to fill-up forms, weights, and line checks legibly.
- Possesses basic math skills
- Able to convert between grams, kgs. and lbs.
- Able to convert weight to packaging unit (e.g., from kgs to packets or kgs to capsules)
- Able to calculate percentage yield/loss
- Possesses basic mechanical skills
- Must have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods preferred.
- Committed to excellence and high standards
- Must possess strong organizational, problem-solving, analytical skills, and mechanical aptitude
- Pays strong attention to details and ability to follow instructions and complete paperwork as needed
- Must be versatile, flexible, and willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Possesses good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Has the ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Has the ability to understand and follow all safety requirements and cautions
- Has the ability to perform the physical labor necessary to complete the job
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Forklift certified a plus.
- Minimum basic mechanical skills
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Why join our Protein Research Family
We are located in sunny Livermore, California, near the 680 freeway.
We are a family-oriented company that aims to balance work, family, and having fun.
We strive to be the best contract manufacturer of nutraceutical quality products to meet business partners’ expectations.
Protein Research offers generous competitive compensation and benefits package for all eligible employees that include 100% coverage for employee’s medical premiums (75% for spouse and 50% for child/ren), 401(K) match, 10 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, and discretionary bonuses.