Livermore, CAApply Here
Protein Research is a contract manufacturer of nutraceuticals, functional foods, and dietary supplement products. We exist to make functional foods and supplement products that help people live their best life. We are a family-owned business and since 1983 we have been producing the highest quality, private label products for millions of happy consumers around the world. We are committed to embracing innovation, forward thinking and have a plan to grow the company significantly in the coming years.
We are looking for a full time Plant Manager that will be accountable to lead and continuously improve the entire plant operations to maximize productivity, minimize COGS, while developing and retaining a leadership team committed to ensuring the plant is run smoothly, efficiently, and safely.
Since we are a contract manufacturer, our production environment is very dynamic, production runs multiple different products with many different change overs at times. Everyday is a new quest to produce the highest quality products for a broad array customers and markets. If you are a critical thinker who loves new challenges and see them as an opportunity to personally learn, improve and grow you may be the right person to fill this important role in our company.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure the manufacturing plant delivers on all customer commitments while achieving company profitability targets
- Establish and maintain department standards for safety, productivity, reliability, and accuracy, while relentlessly driving plant efficiencies, lowering costs, and improving cycle time
- Ensure that adequate staffing is available to meet production requirements by establishing work schedules, hiring, and employee training
- Oversee sanitation of equipment and facility to ensure all regulatory standards are met
- Lead the plant safety program an ensure all regulatory standards are met
- Oversee Shipping/Receiving department
- Collaborate with Facility Maintenance Manager to create efficient production flow, maximize equipment performance and propose new equipment to meet customer and company requirements
- Provide manufacturing expertise to new product development, pilots, and launches to support R&D team in creating and producing the best possible products to support sales growth, profitability, and new customer acquisition.
- Lead with a growth mindset; participate in and continuously improve the company’s annual strategy process and quarterly OKR process
Hire, motivate, train, coach and appraise the performance of plant employees.
- Leadership: capable of influencing the actions and opinions of others in a desired direction; exhibit judgment in leading others to worthwhile objectives
- Problem Solving: able to act in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues
- Coping: capable of maintaining a mature problem-solving attitude while dealing with conflicting priorities and time demands
- Organization and Planning: organize and schedule people or tasks; develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate direct reports in a food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated track record of understanding and applying continuous improvement principles and practices, such as Lean Manufacturing and Six-Sigma.
- Full understanding of plant safety and sanitation requirements in a food manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with a diverse team of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and ERP/MRP Software.
- Understand financial reporting and budgets to ensure production costs remain under budget.
- 5-10 years of manufacturing experience which includes supervisory responsibility in a fast-pace, food manufacturing environment.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, industrial, engineering or other related field preferred.
- Experience with Food Quality systems, such as SQF, HACCP, ISO 22000, Kosher, and Organic.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- $115,000 to $170,000 base, depending on work experience, position is eligible for discretionary annual bonus
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Benefits: 100% coverage for employee’s medical premiums (75% for spouse and 50% for child/ren
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation, sick leave)
All new employees are subject to a probationary period of 90 days.
If you would like to join our team, please email your resume to the “reply-to” link above.Apply Here