Material Handler / Preweigh Associate
Livermore, CAApply Here
We have a full time opening for a Material Handler with previous warehouse and food/production experience who will use the forklift to handle raw materials and measuring tools to weigh formulas for next steps in our production process.
** Must have great attention to detail, basic math skills with the ability to read and write lot numbers, weigh powders plus have forklift experience. This role is part of the Preweigh team and must be comfortable lifting heavy materials with exposure to noise and powders/allergens**
Protein Research is a growing contract manufacturing company for the nutritional industry nationwide; we work exclusively with our clients to make powder drinks, pre-mix, dietary capsules and more. This is a full-time position with hours from 7:00 am-3:30 pm; occasional overtime may be needed till 5:30 pm or on Saturdays.
- Analyze and interpret formulas, data, and other materials to determine specs
- Read work orders/formulas and Master Manufacturing Records
- Perform tests to ensure that weighing equipment is set up properly.
- Clean, maintain, repair, and calibrate measuring instruments
- Pull raw materials from warehouse according to production documents
- Check released materials to ensure that they are in acceptable condition
- Clean storage containers to prepare for pre-weighed material storage.
- Weigh each raw material in accordance to formula and batch record production documents.
- Runs premixes in small blender and sanitizes after every use.
- Clean and sanitize all equipment used at the end of each run.
- Meet and/or exceed production goals and guidelines for the product being run.
- Transfer pre-weighed raw materials and documents to blending department
- High school diploma, one to two years related experience, or equivalent
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
- Versatility, flexibility, and willing to work with changing priorities
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Forklift certified a plus
We are a family owned company and it shows in the way we care about our employees. We offer a modern work open door environment and because of our nimble size, our team environment is collaborative and friendly. We’re located in close proximity to the freeway, in sunny Livermore.
Our employees have generous benefits that include 100% paid health care for employee only, and a large amount subsidized for dependents. We also offer vacation and paid sick days, annual bonuses based on company discretion, and a 401(k) match.
Check us out at www.proteinresearch.com. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Here