Livermore, CAApply Here
Protein Research is a contract manufacturer of nutraceuticals, functional foods, and dietary supplement products. We exist to make functional foods and supplement products that help people live their best life. We are a family-owned business and since 1983 we have been producing the highest quality, private label products for millions of happy consumers around the world. We are committed to embracing innovation, forward thinking and have a plan to grow the company significantly in the coming years.
We are looking for a full time Packaging Supervisor who will (i) supervise employees in a manufacturing and production environment; (ii) plan, schedule, assign work, implement policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with safety, GMP, and Food Safety standards; (iii) recommend and implement improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Since we are a contract manufacturer, our production environment is very dynamic, production runs multiple different products with many different change overs at times. Every day is a new quest to produce the highest quality products for a broad array customers and markets. If you are a critical thinker who loves new challenges and see them as an opportunity to personally learn, improve and grow you may be the right person to fill this important role in our company.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Supervises all production staff in their respective department.
- Works with all Production Managers/Supervisors in implementing production schedule. Ensures adherence to this schedule while achieving maximum production output and quality product.
- Assigns personnel to positions on the lines at the beginning of the shift. Assigns personnel according to their respective area of knowledge. Readjusts personnel due to absences or production pivots.
- Acts as a leader who communicates with line staff and operators regarding issues such as scheduling, daily performance, production and personnel problems, overtime, and quality issues.
- Conducts on-going assessment of quality control and operational procedures making recommendations for improvements.
Reviews and signs off on batch records, inspects coding machines to ensure code number is in reference to packaging specification as well as all other components, lot codes and expiration dates meet specification.
- Confirms that paperwork for each assignment is completed properly and accurately.
- Coordinates and shares current production and schedules with next shift’s lead person (if applicable) to ensure smooth and efficient transition of production runs between each shift.
- Trains, develops, motivates, rewards, and disciplines assigned staff; ensures staff follow safety guidelines and procedures. Cross train employees as necessary so that there is coverage for positions during vacations and/or sicknesses.
- Responsible for employee reviews, acknowledgment, and disciplinary actions with support of Manager.
- Covers other Production Supervisors’ duties in their absence.
- Supervises and participates in set-up, sanitation, operation, and routine maintenance of production lines and supporting equipment/systems.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems. If serious problem occurs, notify maintenance.
- Ensures that lines are supplied with all necessary components (i.e., cotton, caps, bottles, labels, etc.). Keeps inventory on components and confirms there are enough components for the line to run completely.
- Works closely with Customer Service to rush products for customers when needed, accommodate specific customer requests and/or what components are needed from customers for their upcoming production.
- Works closely with Quality team on any quality concerns that come up.
- Tracks and analyzes man hour reports per line, dept., product, etc.
- Ensures team meets production output goals daily.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Packaging Manager/Plant Manager.
- Leadership: capable of influencing the actions and opinions of others in a desired direction; exhibit judgment in leading others to worthwhile objectives
- Problem Solving: able to act in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues
- Coping: capable of maintaining a mature problem-solving attitude while dealing with conflicting priorities and time demands
- Organization and Planning: organize and schedule people or tasks; develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three plus years related experience or equivalent.
- Quality Systems experience: SQF, HACCP, Kosher, Organic and other based systems preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA principals of HACCP Food Safety Programs, SQF Certification (GFSI) and 5S Process preferred.
- Knowledge of food production, raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
- Mechanically inclined
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and MRP Software.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal and communicate effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Forklift certified a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- $60,000.00 to $68,000.00 base, depending on work experience, position is eligible for discretionary annual bonus
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Benefits (including Vision): 100% coverage for employee’s medical premiums (75% for spouse or domestic partner) and 50% for child/ren
- Voluntary Dental Insurance
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation, sick leave)
All new employees are subject to a probationary period of 90 days.
If you would like to join our team, please email your resume to the “APPLY HERE” link below.Apply Here