Livermore, CAApply Here
Protein Research is searching for the best candidates for the two Pre-Weigh Associate positions we need to fill for our growing business. We need candidates who are committed to the job for the long haul, good in math and are team players. This Pre-Weigh Associate will utilize precision measuring instruments to pre-weigh raw materials per product formulations to prepare for further processing.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Analyze and interpret formulas, data, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and measuring instruments required.
- Read work orders/formulas and Master Manufacturing Records to determine production specifications and information.
- Perform tests to ensure that weighing equipment is set up properly.
- Clean, maintain, repair, and calibrate measuring instruments and test equipment such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, and height gauges.
- Pull raw materials from warehouse according to production documents (pick lists/formulas). Do not use any materials that are missing a green released sticker.
- Check released materials to ensure that they are in acceptable condition and submit discrepancy reports when problems are found.
- Clean storage containers to prepare for pre-weighed material storage.
- Weigh each raw material in accordance to formula and batch record production documents.
- Record operational data on specified forms/production documents.
- Runs premixes in small blender and sanitizes after every use. Notify QC Technician for Hygeina Swab test. Complete all cleaning logs as necessary.
- Clean and sanitize all equipment used at the end of each run.
- Meet and/or exceed production goals and guidelines for the product being run.
- Attach or mark raw material identification onto product containers.
- Ensures pre-weighed materials in storage containers are covered at all times.
- Returns unused raw materials to their designated space in the warehouse or tracks inventory if moved to a different location to ensure ongoing warehouse organization.
- Conducts on-going assessment of quality control and operational procedures.
- Transfer pre-weighed raw materials, along with production documents, to blending department for further processing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- The individual (s) will be responsible for complying with all rules and regulations in the Employee Handbook and the Safety Manual (IIPP).
- The individual (s) will be responsible for completing all of the above duties as required within the required time frame.
- The individual (s) must follow all SOPs, GMPs, Safety Rules and other State and Federal Health Guidelines as required by Protein Research.
- The individual (s) must comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- It is the responsibility of the individuals to communicate with his or her supervisor when and as necessary to complete their jobs as required.
- High school diploma, one to two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods preferred
- Food/Nutraceutical experience preferred
- GMP, SQF experience preferred
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Forklift certified a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Walk, kneel, squat, bend, stand and climb stairs.
- Reach, Twist, Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Grab, grasp and use fingers and hands to push buttons and operate machinery
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Total amount of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cool/hot and noise level can be moderate to high.
- This Pre-Weigh Associate will be required to wear common protective and/or safety gear, i.e. gloves, face mask, hairnet, uniform, etc.
- This Pre-Weigh Associate may be exposed to small particles, odors and allergens.
Protein Research is a family-owned company that offers a generous benefits package for its employees which includes medical insurance covered at 100% for employees, 401(K) matching and discretionary bonuses, among others.
If you think you are who we are looking for, apply now!Apply Here