Livermore, CAApply Here
Protein Research, a family owned business is searching for superstars to join its Production super team. If you are committed and have what it takes to get the job done, read on …
SUMMARY: Assists with Powder Fill, Bartelt, Stick Pack, Gusset Bag and Bottling line operations.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Familiar with different packaging components (i.e. bottles, caps, labels, films, boxes, etc.) as required in the production paperwork.
- Attach identification labels to finished packaged items along with information on containers, such as lot numbers or shipping destinations when necessary.
- Clean packaging containers, line, and pad boxes, and/or assemble cartons to prepare for product packing.
- Setup and make minor adjustments or repairs to assigned machinery and equipment, such as opening valves or setting guides when necessary.
- Count and record finished and rejected packaged items.
- Inspect and remove defective products and/or packaging material.
- Monitor the production line, watching for problems such as pileups, jams, or glue that is not sticking properly and notify supervisor immediately.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
- Remove finished packaged items from machine and separate rejected items.
- Sort, grade, weigh, and inspect products, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications.
- Stacks finished packaged items or wrap protective material around each item and pack the items in cartons or containers as specified by customer.
- Stock and sort product for packaging and replenish packaging supplies, such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels if needed.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams when safe to do so, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
- Supply materials to spindles, conveyors, hoppers, or other feeding devices and unload packaged product as needed
- Conducts on-going assessment of quality control and operational procedures.
- Cleans and sanitize equipment after and between runs, ensures production line is sanitary at all times and reports any issues of sanitation to supervisor.
- Cleans and mops assigned rooms after and between runs and on weekly basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- The individual (s) is responsible for complying with all rules and regulations in the Employee Handbook and the Safety Manual (IIPP).
- The individual (s) is responsible for completing all of the above duties as required within the required time frame.
- The individual (s) must follow all SOPs, GMPs, Safety Rules and other State and Federal Health Guidelines as required by Protein Research.
- The individual (s) must comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- It is the responsibility of the individuals to communicate with his or her supervisor when and as necessary to complete their jobs as required.
- High school diploma, one to two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of good preferred
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions and complete paperwork as needed
- Ability to understand and follow any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Forklift certified a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Walk, kneel, squat, bend, stand and climb ladders.
- Reach, Twist, Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Grab, grasp and use fingers and hands to push buttons and operate machinery
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Total amount of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cool/hot and noise level can be moderate to high.
- This position is required to wear common protective and/or safety gear, i.e. gloves, face mask, hairnet, uniform, etc.
- This position is exposed to small particles, odors, and allergens.
Our employees enjoy generous benefits that include 100% paid health insurance for employee only, and a large amount subsidized for dependents. We also offer vacation, paid sick days, and a 401(k) match.
Interested? Click on the Apply Here button.Apply Here