Livermore, CAApply Here
Protein Research is looking for a team player and leader who will be responsible for supervising employees in a nutraceutical manufacturing and assembly environment. This position needs someone who will not mind getting his hands dirty, someone with drive and determination to get things done and done quickly and correctly, someone who exudes enthusiasm at work.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Supervises and participates in set-up, sanitation, operation, and routine maintenance of production lines and supporting equipment/systems.
- Trouble shoots equipment problems. If serious problem occurs, notify maintenance.
- Ensures that lines are supplied with all necessary components (i.e. cotton, caps, bottles, labels, etc.). Keeps inventory on components and confirms there are enough components for the line to run completely.
- Works closely with Purchasing to manage incoming components to assist with production planning.
- Works closely with customer service as to recognize “HOT” products for our customers, as well as, what components are needed from our customers.
- Works with all other Line Managers/Supervisors in implementing production schedule. Ensures adherence to this schedule while achieving maximum production.
- Inspects coding machines to ensure code number is in reference to lot number.
Assigns personnel to positions on the lines at the beginning of the shift. Assigns personnel according to their respective area of knowledge.
- Acts as a leader that communicates with line staff regarding issues such as scheduling, daily performance, problems, overtime and quality issues.
- Conducts on-going assessment of quality control and operational procedures.
Reviews worksheets and confirms that paperwork for each assignment is completed properly.
- Coordinates and shares current production and schedules with next shift’s lead person (if applicable) to ensure smooth and efficient transition of production runs between each shift.
- Trains, develops, motivates, rewards, and disciplines assigned staff; ensures staff follow safety guidelines and procedures.
- Cross train employees as necessary so that we have coverage for positions during vacations and/or sicknesses.
- Steps in and performs other Production Managers’ duties in his/her absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
- Responsible for complying with all rules and regulations in the Employee Handbook and the Safety Manual (IIPP).
- Responsible for completing all of the above duties as required within the required time frame.
- Responsible for complying with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- Follows all SOPs, GMPs, Safety Rules and other State and Federal Health Guidelines as required by Protein Research.
- Responsible in communicating with his or her supervisor when and as necessary to complete jobs as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises all production staff.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Six to Eight years related experience or equivalent
- Quality Systems experience: SQF, HACCP, ISO 22000, Kosher, Organic and other based systems
- Knowledge of FDA principals of HACCP Food Safety Programs, SQF Certification (GFSI) and 5S Process
- Knowledge of Food Safety and Food Defense along with Quality Systems knowledge
Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and MRP Software, preferably DBA Manufacturing
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal and communicate effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Forklift certified a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Walk, kneel, squat, bend, stand and climb stairs/ladders.
- Reach, Twist, Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Grab, grasp and use fingers and hands to push buttons and operate machinery
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Operate hand jack, pallet jack and forklift.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Interpret complex laws, regulations and/or policies.
- A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cool/hot and noise level can be moderate to high.
- This position is required to wear common protective and/or safety gear, i.e. gloves, face mask, hairnet, uniform, etc.
- This position is exposed to small particles, odors and allergens.
Protein Research offers a modern open door work environment and because of our nimble size, our team is collaborative and friendly. We’re located in close proximity to the freeway, in sunny Livermore, CA.
We offer competitive salaries and our employees enjoy generous benefits that include 100% paid medical health care for employee only, and a large amount subsidized for dependents. We also provide vacation and paid sick days, paid holidays, and 401(k) with matching.Apply Here