Quality Control Sampler and Warehouse Associate
Livermore, CAApply Here
SUMMARY: Ensures all incoming raw materials are received and sampled per the standards of the Quality Control department. Assist in organization and general duties of the warehouse.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Pulls incoming raw material and packaging component samples and files appropriate documentation including Certificates of Analysis, Certificates of Manufacture, test results and release to stock.
- Works closely with Quality Control department to help maintain retain samples and maintain required records and documentation.
- Assists in releasing incoming raw material after test results conform with internal specification by attaching release labels to each drum, box, pallet, etc. when needed.
- Works closely with Quality Manager and Production Managers to know the sampling priority on incoming raw material.
- Assist in applying Organic, Allergen, Halal or GMO stickers to raw materials in warehouse.
- Properly stores, organizes, and receives in incoming labels.
- Performs truck inspection of incoming materials.
- Assists in putting raw materials away in their proper locations after product is released.
- Performs ATP, Environmental and Post Sanitization swabs when needed
- Assists in warehouse organization when needed.
- Backs up Shipping/Receiving for receiving materials in DBA when needed.
- Assists with any QC/warehouse projects that are required.
- Will perform other Quality Control/warehouse duties, as required.
- High school diploma required
- One to two years related warehouse experience
- Forklift Certification required
- Commitment to quality, excellence, and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and MRP Software preferred
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to understand all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Walk, kneel, squat, bend, stand and climb ladders.
- Reach, Twist, Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Grab, grasp and use fingers and hands to push buttons and operate machinery.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment.
- Ability to operate a hand truck, pallet jack and forklift.
- Work is mainly performed in the warehouse a small percentage will be performed in the lab.
- Majority of work time will be spent in the warehouse where temperatures are cool/hot and noise level can be moderate to high.
- This position is exposed to small particles, allergens, and odors.
- This position is required to wear common protective and/or safety gear, i.e., gloves, facemask, hairnet, etc.