Swing Shift Supervisor
Livermore, CAApply Here
SUMMARY: Oversee all activities during swing shift hours of operation. This includes managing employees daily, maintaining a positive work environment, ensuring compliance with safety standards and established policies and procedures.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Supervises pre-weigh production and output to ensure jobs are completed accurately and timely.
- Supervises all Janitorial tasks related to maintaining a clean facility. This includes but not limited to common areas, bathrooms, warehouse floors, boneyard, facility perimeter, office, picnic area, trash, etc.
- Schedules garbage and recycling pickups as needed with Livermore Sanitation.
- Supervises packaging departments as needed.
- Supervises all blending activities performed by employees including testing; maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees throughout the shift.
- Supervises all sanitation tasks such as washing blenders, packaging equipment lines, drums, pallets, forklifts, floor drains, etc.
- Performs ATP swabs and allergen swabs of food contact surfaces as needed.
- Performs chemical titration tests as required. Notify Quality Manager of out of spec results.
- Controls inventory of products including but not limited to: Chemicals, cleaning supplies, gloves, hairnets, cleaning instruments, all consumables, etc. Remain in constant communication with purchasing/customer service/plant manager regarding orders.
- Effectively sort and maintain the chemical room in a clean organized manner. Maintain chemical log for safety and audit purposes.
- Assists in monitoring and reporting daily production results, material usage, waste, and downtime. Report daily summary to day shift supervisor and plant manager daily via email.
- Handle batch to batch documentation and review formulas completed from each department.
- Trouble shoot equipment issues in all departments. Report serious equipment problems to appropriate departments.
- Solely responsible for ensuring the building is secured and alarm set prior to leaving the premises daily.
- Coordinate with quality control to maintain quality standards; takes appropriate corrective measures to resolve deficiencies.
- Assists in forecasting staffing needs to meet peak demands of the business and staff team; trains, motivates, coaches, rewards, and disciplines employees being supervised; and reports personnel issues to Plant Manager.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares required reports and correspondence.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures along with Plant Manager; ensures all established policies and procedures are followed by employees.
- Assists in resolving production-related issues with representatives from other department throughout the company.
- Ensures equipment is cleaned and sanitized properly and all cleaning logs are filled out correctly.
- Maintains safety programs and requires all employees to follow.
- Assists in training, developing, motivating, rewarding, and disciplining assigned staff; ensures that staff follows safety guidelines and procedures. Cross train employees as necessary so that we have coverage for positions during vacations and/or sicknesses.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- The individual/(s) is responsible for complying with all rules and regulations in the Employee Handbook and the Safety Manual (IIPP).
- The individual/(s) is responsible for completing all of the above duties as required within the required time frame.
- The individual/(s) must follow all SOPs, GMPs, Safety Rules and other State and Federal Health Guidelines as required by Protein Research.
- The individual/(s) must comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- It is the responsibility of the individuals to communicate with his or her supervisor when and as necessary to complete their jobs as required.
Supervises Pre-Weigh & Blending Staff in the Swing Shift.
- High school diploma
- Four to five years related experience or equivalent
- Knowledge of production practices and procedures
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and MRP Software, preferably DBA Manufacturing
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal and communicate effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to direct and recommend cost-effective creative solutions
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Walk, kneel, squat, bend, stand and climb stairs.
- Reach, Twist, Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Grab, grasp and use fingers and hands to push buttons and operate machinery.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Operate hand jack, pallet jack and forklift.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Interpret complex laws, regulations and/or policies.
- Majority of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cool/hot and noise level can be moderate to high.
- This position is required to wear common protective and/or safety gear, i.e. gloves, face mask, hairnet, uniform, etc.
- This position is exposed to small particles, odors, and allergens.