Why Choose Us
As a family contract nutritional and supplement manufacturing business with nearly 40 years of unparalleled experience, we take pride in delivering only the highest quality private label dietary supplements, vitamins, nutraceuticals, and nutritional products and our work shows it. We’re trusted by hundreds of happy customers because our mission is grounded in your success.
Our #1 goal is building lasting relationships and our objective is simple: deliver the highest quality private label functional foods, vitamins, nutraceuticals, and dietary supplements to meet your goals in the fastest, most cost effective way.
Our Values & Vision
We believe strongly in our core values – People, Partnerships, Quality, Innovation & Continuous Improvement.
We take pride in focusing on everyone in the mix: you and your customers. Our technology and expertise deliver the nutraceuticals, functional foods, and dietary supplement products your customers need in various and unique packaging configurations that they need them in.
Do your customers need plant based proteins? We have solutions for that.
Do they need bodybuilding supplements? We have solutions for that.
Maybe they need convenient single serve options for smoothies, probiotics, protein shakes or hydration? We have solutions for those and a whole lot more.
Our Dedication to Quality Product Development
A quality private label nutritional product or supplement starts with the integrity of the raw materials it contains. One of our main jobs is ensuring this integrity by providing the attention to detail and care each ingredient requires.
Learn about our rigorous process for developing quality nutraceutical, nutritional and dietary supplement products:
- We source our products from the most reputable suppliers who have a long and consistent track record of providing quality products and services. At Protein Research, our strong relationships and experienced purchasing teams work with suppliers to get the best prices and quality materials for your nutraceutical, nutritional and dietary supplement products.
- Before they enter our storage facilities, raw materials are evaluated through a corporate quality review of country of origin, physical and chemical characteristics, potential food safety risks based on industry adulterant, food fraud trends, and product recall data from the FDA.
- Once raw materials are identified as key elements of a formula, they’re brought on site and put through a comprehensive screening program. This includes research on the material through document review (i.e. product specification, nutritional bulletin, allergen statement, and more) followed by a request for a product development sample for examination to ensure the material characteristics are the best for your product. We utilize our in-house and qualified third party laboratories to test all incoming materials to ensure quality and compliance to specifications.
- Once materials pass testing, we store them in a cGMP compliant environment to maximize the freshness and integrity. Raw materials are also kept segregated based on non-GMO, gluten free, allergen, and Certified Organic status to maintain purity.
- Finally, your finished product goes through a comprehensive food safety assessment. Our quality team conducts in-process testing, organoleptic evaluation at blend stage (prior to packaging), quality checks throughout the run, and final testing to ensure the final product meets your specification and FDA regulations.
Research & Development (R&D)
If your customers don’t like the way a nutraceutical, nutritional or dietary supplement product tastes, looks, or feels, it’s safe to say they will not be a repeat customer.
At Protein Research, we have almost 40 years of experience developing products for leading brands and we do it by bridging the gap between your expectations and those of your customers.
We help you succeed by partnering with you in every phase of the product development process, with our experts available to guide you along the way.
At Protein Research, our Product Development team, R&D team, and Quality team go through extensive sensory training sessions to stay aligned and up to date on using consistent sensory terms and spectrums when describing products.
Our facility also has partnered flavor suppliers visit us onsite where we conduct quarterly flavor training sessions to keep our skills in line with the most current trends.
Since our #1 goal is customer satisfaction, we’re here to ensure your products meet and exceed your primary needs while managing the processes to make sure the job’s done right.
CCOF is a nonprofit organization that advances organic agriculture for a healthy world through organic certification, education, advocacy, and promotion. CCOF is our certifying partner for producing and certifying Organic products.
Organic products continue to enter the market and are in high demand. Protein Research is a certified USDA Organic facility through CCOF. We can make your USDA certified organic products to differentiate you from your competitors. By being Organic Certified, you can ensure your trusted brand provides consumers with more choices in the marketplace. The USDA protects consumer options by protecting the integrity of Organic Seal. Any Organic operation violating the USDA organic regulations faces enforcement actions, which can include financial penalties or suspension/revocation of their Organic Certificate.
The OU (Orthodox Union) Kosher is the world’s largest and most widely recognized kosher certification agency, certifying over 1,201,950 products produced in more than 9,715 plants located in 104 countries around the world. OU Kosher is our certifying partner for producing and certifying Kosher products.
The Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program is a rigorous and credible food safety and quality program that is recognized by retailers, brand owners, and food service providers world-wide. Recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), the SQF family of food safety and quality codes are designed to meet industry, customer, and regulatory requirements for all sectors of the food supply chain – from the farm all the way to the retail stores.
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are guidelines that provide a system of processes, procedures and documentation to assure a product has the identity, strength, composition, quality and purity that appear on its label. NSF International independently registers manufacturers as meeting GMP requirements. The program is open not just to manufacturers of dietary supplements but also to manufacturers of ingredients and raw materials, as well as distribution, warehousing and packaging companies, who want to demonstrate their commitment to public safety.
Protein Research holds a site license, which ensures that we meet the good manufacturing practices (GMP) requirements of the Natural Health Products Regulations, which allows us to produce products that are imported into Canada.